22 Feb Advanced SEO
Dreaming of better reach online followed by leads, new customers and more revenue?
That’s great because fulfilling that vision is my forte. Advanced search engine optimization (SEO) isn’t really a service, it’s a capacity for problem solving and applied strategy.
With me, you’ve got someone with extensive experience in SEO. I’ve researched and written two books on SEO so you know I have a passion for the art/science.
Expert Strategy Makes a Difference
While you’ll hear about “SEO best practices” from general marketers and copywriters, that’s more or less code for “mediocre” results. Google rankings are intense, and you’ll be competing with companies with 100 times the marketing budget, ranking power, and brand power that you have to work with.
They have more resources to attract, engage, and get visitors to return, so they typically don’t have to be geniuses.
To overcome your apparent insufficiencies, you’ll need advanced SEO to help you compete. I’ve been doing SEO for almost 23 years and understand Google’s algorithm and idiosyncracies.
And what I don’t know, I look to experts to learn.
Creativity, innovation, uniqueness, authoritativeness, and topic leadership will help you break from the crowd.
Higher Rankings Equals Higher Quality Leads
Just like the world of top brands on prime time TV, advanced SEO is about sophisticated techniques to achieve higher rankings where leads are higher quality and more sustainable over years. In this post, we look closer at what advanced search engine optimization is.
Advanced Techniques in Search Engine Optimization
Advanced SEO techniques are primarily those that make Google/Bing value your content more highly. Google looks for content that is engaging, has answers to searchers questions, provides a good experience and moves them along the sales conversion funnel.
All of this is what Google/Bing considers a high quality searcher experience. SEO is all about keywords and topics, and I know how to use the skillfully and generously to build relevance. Advanced SEO techniques can also involve promoting your content so it gets more social shares and is linked to from industry sites and blogs.
Google’s algorithm is finnicky and stringent, and should signals weaken, you can suffer ranking losses, even though your site is number one in Bing, Yahoo or Duckduckgo. If you don’t have a powerful corporate site like the LA Times, Tesla, or other big money site, you’ll need to use your ranking resources extremely well. This is what I do.
Bringing SEO and Content Strategy Together
SEO strategy has to be weaved into your content strategy. As I explain my most recent book, SEO can boost the effectiveness of your content strategy. It can’t be run alongside or as an afterthought, because Google is measuring the core value of your digital content. The optimization thread is inside your content paths. It’s not easy to use keywords well and satisfy user engagement. Copywriting expertise is needed.
10 Things your Advanced SEO Consultant Needs to Achieve
- high rankings (attracting links, focusing ranking power)
- expert selection and usage of keywords in your content
- convey your company’s brand and unique value proposition
- keep visitors engaged and on your site
- build top authority and industry expertise
- help move visitors through the content funnel to purchase
- encourage loyalty and repeat visits
- be responsive to changes in Google’s ranking algorithm factors
- fight off others negative SEO attacks on your site
- keeping your site fast loading
- keeping your content flow useful and comfortable for visitors
Google’s Ingenious Ranking Algorithm
Google’s algorithm is an ingenious system for flushing out the most reliable, authoritative content. The latest improvements have to do with analyzing your paragraphs and sentences.
The algorithm hasn’t changed over the decades much. It just digs into your content much deeper. And this in-depth probing is being executed by artificial intelligence components.
SEO experts dig deeper into the content elements and try to stay ahead of the AI juggernaut. That’s not easy, however what they’re doing is predictable. Know the goal, and work back from it to the key components that drive high rankings.
Make Sure Your SEO Campaign is Well Funded
If advanced SEO is your decision in the boardroom, build your business case and ensure you’re funding it well. The 3 reasons for failure are: lack of expertise, creativity and funding.
It has to be said that money is a factor. Additional promotion can affect rankings. Having experts do the work is time consuming and needs a good budget. Whether PPC, journalist PR, graphic design, research subscriptions, or sponsorships, big companies have benefitted from their big budgets.
Well crafted content can affect your visitors impressions. However, on a smartphone screen, most websites look the same. Money to produce whitepapers, videos, informative charts, research data, and more can create SEO assets and keep visitors on your site.
23 Tactics Advanced SEO Experts Use:
- constantly crafting evergreen and newsy content to make it consistently rise to the top
- pagerank sculpting (focusing pagerank flow through links and pages)
- keyword and topic selection and copywriting design (ensuring copy matches searcher intent)
- using analytics to help improve content engagement and return visits
- crafting content designed for bloggers and journalists to discover and link to
- crafting persuasion tactics to get others talking about your company and products and sharing your content on blogs and social pages, while ensuring they use the right keywords
- studying Google’s core algorithm to build the strongest ranking power and relevance for you
- conducting audits to discover hard to see or understand issues and then resolve them
- studying competitors to understand their content and ranking success
- studying markets and topics and becoming an expert in them
- studying Google filters and modifications such as Rankbrain, EAT, and BERT and then revising to improve content
- designing/optimizing epic cornerstone content of high quality, information value, and popularity
- repurposing old content expertly to support other content or regain its own rankings
- reconfiguring internal linking to support new keyword rankings
- strategizing internal linking and PageRank flow
- editing pages and meta tags to increase click throughs
- using analytics to identify keyword opportunities and problems
- using analytics to improve the content funnel and sales funnel to grow sales conversion rates
- creating strategies to create double or triple listings in results pages
- improving visibility in Google featured snippets
- building connections/relations with owners of high domain authority websites to capture a backlink
- finds other pros to outsource important tasks to (link building, PR, outreach)
What Advanced SEO Isn’t
Advanced SEO isn’t technical/meta schema fixes or best practices conformity. And it certainly isn’t about buying links to cheat.
Advanced SEO is a sophisticated process of designing content that resonates perfectly with Google’s algorithm (and with users). Text content is the medium of SEO. But it’s about more than keyword manipulation.
High user engagement results in new backlinks, return visits, longer dwell time, and multi-pageviews. This helps the rest of your marketing mix.
Search engines still deliver the biggest boost in leads, lead quality, visibility as well as flow through to your social and sales pages and persuasive content. SEO feeds your complete marketing mix from Google to email to remarketing ppc. If your audience has seen your brand a hundred times, it becomes easier to present an incentive that draws them into the sales funnel.
An SEO expert has the experience, strategic skills, and depth of insight into ranking factors and how to generate significant boosts via blogs, social media posts, and content marketing.
Market Leader: The Only Sustainable Choice
To become a market leader and make an impact on all channels, you start by hiring an SEO expert. An experienced SEO consultant with unique insight, experience and a variety of talents really bring the SEO Content Strategy together.
Explore the world of advanced SEO right now in this post, where we discuss what SEO experts do — advanced search engine optimization strategy. Read on to learn more. Ask about an SEO audit and a copy of my SEO book. If you hire me, you get them for free.
Advanced SEO is all about Strategy
STRATEGY is the Higher Road to Domination
It is STRATEGY that defines the pros. Strategy drives finding the right keyword phrases, identifies the best content choices, and guides content development, online partnerships, and assists with sales funnel optimization.
Strategy builds greater strength as all resources are brought together systematically to dominate keyword topics
Delta Hotels SEO
Clients: I’ve doubled a major hotel’s traffic from 1.2 million per year to 2.5 million per year. Each click from Google search for hotel rooms would cost several dollars via Google Ads or FB ads. Incredible value for a hotel, which is trying to make an impact with its other marketing and advertising channels.
This shear volume of searchers is so valuable that Google is trying to squeeze out organic listings to force searchers to click on more paid ads. Fewer search results pushed further down the page, mean more users are likely to click on the ads.
Of Novices and Experts
Most business owners can’t distinguish between SEO expertise and mimicry. Many times, the novice may look more slick, articulate, and credible, perhaps within a web design agency. But this isn’t web design and it isn’t PPC advertising. It’s a sophisticated use of words and it does make a difference.
Some SEO experts are skilled copywriters, IT technicians, analysts, and digital marketers who focus on quality.
Quality SEO is marked by clients that rank high for all their most meaningful keyword phrases, not just one or two. Hundreds of top rankings bring a thousand percent more traffic. More is better.
Conversely, cheap tricks only work until competitors nullify them or Google renders them useless. Then it’s back to the drawing board to start all over again. Advanced SEO seeks to build a strong core foundation that’s more competitive and resistant to ranking algorithm changes or performance erosion. I deliver continuous high rankings and much greater traffic.
This is the kind of SEO services you want — powerful and lasting, while other marketers see their efforts fade.
Strategizing to Render Competitors Invisible
How will you achieve Google ranking dominance? That’s what advanced SEO is all about — high performance in a crowded place.
An SEO expert is experienced in the art/science of taking a highway for better rankings, more traffic, market dominance and a brand that has no rivals. Advanced SEO is about getting rid of competition by creating exclusivity. It’s so much better to have a monopoly. Ask Google, Amazon or Facebook about the power of monopoly.
“Advanced SEO is all about study and strategy to achieve market leadership in the search engine results, as well as creating significant and lasting profit outcomes for clients”
In the AI Era, Do We Need Expertise?
With the arrival of AI learning and predictive analytics, some believe experience and skill don’t matter. Yet, these simple systems can’t replace creative expertise (which is improved by AI insights). The AI software tools will only elevate our capabilities.
Talent, creativity, and experience combined with AI insight and execution are a compelling value proposition.
The Critical Path of Pagerank, Trust and Authority
SEO consultants investigate any element of their website that impacts rankings, yet they focus on what really drives high rankings.
The so called ranking juice that is the currency of SEO, is the lifeblood that flows through the arteries of the website. In that juice concoction is trust factor, authority rating, and keyword information. Paving a superhighway and ensuring off ramps for specific topics, and recirculating Pagerank is an art. This means capturing ranking power and distributing it strategically to the right content for maximum lift.
And of course, we must avoid pesky filters and Google penalties.
In concert with SEO are the demands of other marketing objectives such as branding, impact, engagement and all the touchpoints in the marketing and sales funnel. This is no small matter, because everyone in the company has expectations and objectives, and they may view SEO negatively.
Creating Expert Content
Good content is critical to mastery of SEO. Content or text is what is being processed. Well researched content using the right keywords in the right sequence allows us give Google the kind of message it wants. But Google’s Hummingbird, Core and BERT algorithm components are checking to see if it’s all just pretty, but empty prose.
Search engines seek content with reliability, trust, credibility, coherence, and authoritativeness. You’ll need to bring in the right stats, noted experts, and citations and perhaps link to them. People link to good content – a key signal.
Getting Links and Generating a Desired Action
You’ll need to persuade visitors from Google to stay engaged and move toward a purchase. Whether we are the writers or not, we must understand the narrative and make it work. Otherwise, visitors bounce because they lose interest.
We must also persuade other website publishers/writers to link to your website and talk about about your ideas, products and articles. Links from their trusted websites validate your content quality when they link to it. Convincing them often requires a sophisticated value proposition — “what’s in it for them?”
You’ll need a strategy involving building value for other publishers to get them to participate in your SEO strategy. That value is that it makes them feel good, supports their own content to their readers, or is part of a business relationship with them.
It’s All About the Right Topics
The topics you choose are key to success. Choosing the wrong topics means you’re irrelevant right off the bat. Writing on obvious subjects won’t be powerful enough because everyone writes on those topics. Via research and imagination, understanding prospects needs, SEOs come up with fresh, unique, and flavorful content ideas and topics.
SEO experts help to choose topics carefully and advise on writing them in a unique fashion. Advanced SEOs test out different ways of writing, with different phrasing, stories, narratives, headings, layout and linking patterns. And soon, using AI SEO software, we might better get better feedback for faster improvement.
To move to more elevated SEO, you have to delve into how Google processes and rates web content. These advanced elements focus on Google’s core search values:
Advanced SEO Elements
⦁ copywriting style (tone, reading level, pace, sentence and paragraph structure)
⦁ internal page linking strategy and Pagerank flow throughout key pages
⦁ backlinks from relevant trusted websites
⦁ words, keywords, related words, and link anchor text usage
⦁ engaging, shareable, entertaining, informative content (video and infographics too)
⦁ knowing searcher intent (what do they want right now and how serious are they)
⦁ social media posts and sharing (creatively finding reach to prospects)
⦁ core algorithm components (pagerank, keyword reputation, popularity, domain authority, topics, content quality)
⦁ AI add on elements such as BERT and penguin
Strategic SEO is all about knowing Google’s ranking system intimately which is very difficult. Often you learn it by watching what happens to your own rankings as you make changes. If you’re aware of the changes you made, it may help you understand what Google has done. Additionally, having time to listen to other expert SEOs can add considerably to our own understanding.
Smart SEOs focus on the core algorithm features, not on trifling cosmetic changes that are hyped on marketing news sites or by Google themselves.
Which SEO assets, tools, and tactics are most important?
- keyword research (Semrush, Google console, Google keyword tool)
- subject research
- industry knowledge and expertise
- experiences to share
- copywriting and content development quality and productivity
- creativity and imagination for new topics
- graphic design services
- competitor research
- backlink research
- social media savvy
- company brand recognition
- product or service unique value proposition
- PR and outreach efforts
- funnel analytics and AI SEO software insights
12 Important SEO Strategies
- topic hubs (building content on specific topic themes to cover the topic thoroughly, but strategically)
- create videos or curate others videos (videos increase dwell time and engagement)
- work with industry journalists to provide them with data, insight, and consulting that helps them create better articles)
- use related and semantically similar keywords to help Google ascertain the exact meaning they’re looking for
- create epic blog posts that lead the industry and help define the future in your industry
- use Google AMP and find ways to speed up your content to satisfy Google’s core metrics
- use high quality, branded, images and illustrations are right on the content’s topic which conveys style and trust
- find the highest ranking content and create something better, more readable and helpful
- segment your social media connections and engage with them with specific content to their interests, which they’ll share on FB, Twitter, or Linkedin
- ensure you meet Google’s E.A.T guidelines with content that includes citations, easily verifiable facts, and links from high authority websites (universities, research hubs, associations, government sites etc.)
- get good links from your customer’s websites and suppliers in the form of links from their blogs and main marketing pages if possible, and ensure they share some Facebook/Twitter posts on those platforms
- ensure your article headings clearly focus on the keyword topics you want to rank on
- use a content funnel optimization solution to ensure you have the customer journey covered right to the end goal (Google watches whether your content satisfies visitors fully)
- use AI SEO software to gather better intelligence on keyword performance
So how would you weave all of this together to build a high ranking website that customers consider to be the ultimate resource? That is where I come in.
I’m looking forward to helping your company climb in search engine visibility and growing leads and revenue. That’s the purpose of SEO and it’s the best bargain you can find online.
AI Marketers provides digital marketing services (content, SEO, social media, PPC) for software companies, manufacturers, hotels, recruiters, moving companies, publishers, sports equipment retailers, building supplies companies, window and door companies, Realtors, investment companies, IT companies, clean energy, consumer products, branding consultants and many more.
SEO Services | Digital Marketing Audit | Advanced SEO | SEO Software | SEO Expert | SEO Agency San Diego | AI Marketing Companies | SEO Company Toronto | Advanced | Housing Market Forecast | Marketing Agency Boston | Marketing Agency Los Angeles | SEO Services San Diego | Marketing Services Bay Area | Content Strategy | AI SEO | AI Powered SEO | SEO Guru | Gord Collins | Contact AI Marketers