Best 25 Ways to Rank High on Google
Everyone’s been searching for the secrets to Google’s special ranking sauce for a long time. As the algorithm became more sophisticated and increasingly guarded, more have given up trying.
Cracking the Google Algo code is something I’ve been doing for two decades. Those insights are helpful in building a truly competitive SEO strategy. Google continues to make the algorithm less transparent, and timing updates to obscure ranking factors.
That can render many SEO software tools ineffective so reverse-engineering is very difficult. However, you’ll learn as I have what actually does affect rankings and traffic.
And in this post we cover 25 techniques to rank well against that ranking algorithm, and to beat competitors. Combine them all in an even better conceptualized strategy and now you’re headed to market leader status.
Even if you’re not an expert on the core algorithm, you can still utilize these 25 practical improvements to give yourself an unfair advantage. Don’t feel sorry for your competition though. If they recognized and respected the value of real search engine optimization, they’d be doing fine..
Here’s 25 Tips/Tactics to Create Higher Rankings
- through studies of your major competitors content and the keywords they rank for, choose the best of those you can compete for. Create content that is valuable, insightful, and helpful for visitors and on a specific topic that doesn’t have so much competition — nail that topic and persist with supporting content and promotion till you win. Use the growing ranking power of that post/topic to power up additional pages in your strategy. Build to success.
- create fun, exciting, entertaining, emotionally engaging content that includes stories and encourages visitors to stay longer on your site and find more great content
- create visual, personal content that social media users like to share, like, and talk about and link that to your key website content. Keep changing the visuals.
- pay influencers to discuss and promote your product/service (reach to relevant audiences is good)
- produce downloadable reports, case studies, videos, and how-to reports on a specific relevant to topic that visitors will mention to their social connections or discuss on their blog
- buy sponsorships with key industry portals and magazines and arrange to get some quality content posted on their site (pay an industry expert to write the content if you can’t)
- contribute some original, excellent, high value, and educational content to top news portals, associations and schools
- create a great web page with attractive infographics that people will link to (e.g., search engine journal)
- add social sharing buttons to your pages (shareaholic widget) so users will spread your message
- write your content professionally with ideas presented and laid out well, with a story line, so the reader progresses naturally and doesn’t bounce off the site (do vigorous editing)
- improve your page speed scores (core metrics) or use Google AMP to create fast loading pages
- keep your content very fresh and updated and add new info and images
- ensure you cover topics thoroughly but don’t repeat ideas on additional pages/blog posts
- remove any over-optimization on your pages and internal linking as Google is sensitive to over-optimization as they have penalties. And overoptimization also lowers your trust score
- ensure your best, most important pages are well linked to within your website (focus your Pagerank) and ensure your key cornerstone content piece is linked to from other top pages on your site (makes it easy for Google to understand what your most important content is about)
- pay to boost your social media post or running an ad campaign (get wider visibility)
- run your SEO campaign as part of digital marketing blitz so you make a bigger impact (it takes many exposures to get people to take heed of you and your content)
- write quality articles for other website owners in your industry
- understand your audience’s need and intent and create content and a conversion funnel that suits that purpose
- complete your Google local business profile and ensure your site is listed
- include @sign alerts on your social posts to engage key industry people and influencers in your post
- target keyword phrases that aren’t too competitive for you to rank on right now
- demonstrate caring in your content copy and tell them why you’re doing what you’re doing (a noble reason) as this encourages links and sharing
- write on the topic with a good deal of depth, nuance and character and ensure it is coherent (editing strongly)
- ensure your copy contains keyword stemmed variations, synonyms, and semantically related keywords (study top ranking site’s pages and the web pages that link (backlinks) to those pages to find the words Google’s algorithm considers relevant
If there’s one decision that will ensure you get top rankings on Google, it’s by establishing a good budget and then hiring a genuine SEO expert.
Your SEO Service Package should begin with an SEO audit, or perhaps even a digital marketing audit. A combination of expertly, written, authoritative content will lift your Google rankings and engage and even excite your customers. These are people looking for the solution they offer, but they don’t recognize your service/product is the best.
Call me today at 416 998 6246 to discuss advanced SEO services that will make 2023 a happy year.
SEO Company | SEO Services | Selecting the Right SEO Company | Advanced SEO | Advanced SEO Strategy | SEO Skills | Digital Marketing Services San Diego | San Diego Business | Google | SEO Services San Diego | Content Strategy | Real Estate Marketing SEO | Backlinks Building Company | Outreach | Contact AI Marketers